It can be affirmed with certainty that it existed as a “parish” as early as 1410. This is demonstrated by an act of foundation of the Benefit “S. Matteo”, of 23 April 1410, owned by the church of the same name.
Only from 1543 we can know in principle the names of the priests who succeeded each other in the leadership of the Church of Praticello. In its present form the Church of S. Matteo was rebuilt from 1690 to 1703, with the exception of the façade that was restored in 1892.
1850 the need was felt to rebuild the bell tower (municipal decree) and on a project by Boselli the foundations of the new bell tower were begun, on oak piles, which was completed in 1852. The current cusp was rebuilt in 1934, after a thunderbolt had damaged her by ripping it on May 2 of the same year.
Information kindly provided by Livio Bertozzi